The Supreme Committee for Cairo International Biennale of Children’s Art, held in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture represented by the Fine Arts Sector, and Africa and Middle East Society for Education through Art (AmeSea), has the pleasure to announce the call for entries for the founding session of the Biennale in 2019.
This Biennale calls on the children of the world to express their feelings and their relationship with the place: Where does s/he want to go? What is his/her favorite place? What things and persons does s/he like to go with there?
Draw alone or with your colleague, color, make collages, create sculptures, or model and connect shapes with the materials you have: colored pencils, felt-tip pens, oil pastels, inks, colored papers, newspaper and magazine clippings, Aswan clay, or any other used materials, either one or mixed mediums. Draw your favorite place with your preferred colors. Show what makes you happy there, the persons you like to go with there, the place you like to visit in Egypt now or in the future and the activities you will do there now and when you grow up. Express all these ideas through drawing, sculpture, or photography.
First, Ask Yourself These Questions:
- What place do I like to see?
- What place do I like to visit?
- Who do I like to go with there?
- What are the distinctive colors of this place?
- What picture do you like to present about it?
- What do you like to show about it?
- What is the size of this place?
- What are the shapes and lines seen there?
- How do you feel about this place?
- Is it a natural or a man-made place?
- What if the place is too small?
- What if the place is so large?
- Who would live there?
- What are the things you think are essential there?
When you finish your work of art, send it to the Cairo International Biennale of Children’s Art dedicated to the display of the artworks created by you, your friends and colleagues.